(MHWB) Mental Health and Wellbeing.
At Egerton Wellbeing is a school priority.
Our Wellbeing Lead is Mrs Broadbent, Senior Leader (Wellbeing and Senior Mental Health Lead) (PHSE/RSE, SEND, Safeguarding)
We have a 3 step tiered approach to support this area through.
1. Quality First Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum for all- PHSE Jigsaw Curriculum (Please see 'Curriculum Tab' for further information). This includes direct teaching of PHSE. Each sessions includes a specific focus on a social and emotional target as well as time for children to connect with us, be mindful, undertake relaxation and have focussed calm time.
2. Targeted support Planned by Mrs Broadbent and supported by our dedicated ELSA Team (Emotional Literacy Support Assistants Mrs Bagnall, Mrs Bainbridge Sales) as well our Inclusion Team Teaching Assistants, who provided targeted work and support within lessons and small group focus sessions.
3. Wider Strategies These strategies include guiding additional targeted support in school, referrals to other professionals and specialists, signposting to information and organisations that can provide parents and carers with guidance and support.
4. Bespoke Strategies Please liaise with Mrs Broadbent. This approach is further supported by information shared in our 'Wellbeing Newsletter'. We will always listen and respond to the needs of our children and families.
At Egerton Primary School, embedded with our PHSE Curriculum is an 'SEL' Social and Emotional Literacy Curriculum'. Please see under 'Curriculum' Tab link to PHSE. Our 'Safe and Happy' Ambassadors meet twice each half term also to support keeping safe and feeling happy.
The Wellbeing Team incorporate school leaders, school teachers, staff, parents, governors and members of our PTA. Please see Wellbeing Team Action Plan and Wellbeing Statement of Intent below. Our Wellbeing Policy can be found on our 'Policies Tab'
We have appointed a Wellbeing Lead (Mrs Elizabeth Broadbent). Mrs Broadbent is our trained senior mental health lead. This role supports our whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing with the aim of supporting the mental wellbeing of pupils, students and staff, and best use of resources.
Workshop, Information and Training Sessions
Please see the links and attachments which give information on support parents and carers can access from agencies the school works with.
If you have any questions related to the information, please contact Mrs Broadbent (email@example.com)
Visyon is a charity that supports the mental health of children, young people and their families. https://www.visyon.org.uk/
They have some online sessions that parents can access here: https://www.visyon.org.uk/support-for-parents
Just Drop in have opened a community space in Knutsford, they offer a counselling service for children aged 12-18 town days a week which can be accessed by calling 01625 665079. The are also offering the below sessions over the summer for parents:
Workshops for Parents and Carers in Knutsford
- Sleep Workshop Thursday 13th July 10.30am – 12.30pm Please see Visyon flyer below
- Youth Mental Health Aware Thursday 17th August 1pm – 5pm. Please see Visyon flyer below
- Range of Workshops covering sleep, anxiety, support. Please see Visyon flyer below.
- Timid to Tiger Running over 4 weeks starting on Thursday 14th September – 5th October 1.30pm – 4pm For more info or to book a place contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Space for Autism (Macclesfield 01625 617884)
- You can email email@example.com.
- They run 1:1 appointment sessions with Cheshire East Autism Team and the outreach team. Also parent training and children's club sessions.
Further Sources of Support for Wellbeing
Chesire East Emotionally Healthy Children and Young People
Parent or child mental health, agencies:
- Cheshire Wirral Partnership (CWP)
- Just Drop In
- Cheshire East Clasp
- CEC OneYou
Mental Health Support for Families:
Parenting advice from child mental health experts
This app covers a range of areas that can support and guide parents:
Advice from Emotional Health Charities
Visyon is a charity that supports the emotional health of children, young people and their families
Family team advice. Parent webinars over Zoom which you watch live or watch recorded. Workshops for parents on lots of topics including children's sleep and transition to high school!
Please also see attached:
- Statement of Intent and Policy
- Wellbeing Team Action Plan
- Vysion Parent Flyers
- Cheshire One You Wellbeing