Week 3 - Smeds and Smoos
Date: 21st Jan 2020 @ 9:33am
This week we have based all our work around the text - The Smeds and Smoos by Julia Donaldson. The text is the story of two alien from very different planets who become friends. We have:
- Learnt oo, or and igh in phonics along with blending and segmenting those sounds within words.
- We have designed and written about our own aliens, which are now displayed in the classroom.
- We have used the junk model materials to create space rockets.
- In Maths we have been looking at pattern using shapes and colour.
- We have also explored colour mixing.
- Enjoyed using a stomp rocket outside - see tapestry for photos/videos of this.
This weekends homework is Teach your monster to read, your child's log in details are inside their reading diary.
Have a restful weekend, next week we will be looking at the story Aliens love underpants!